Slider

Waterfalls - Krka National Park

Tuesday, May 9, 2017


There's something so magical about water, especially about water in motion.
Had a chance to visit these gorgeous waterfalls in Krka in Croatia earlier this spring.

I can imagine that Krka National Park will be crowded in summer. This is such a haven on a hot summer day. In the spring time there're not so many visitors so there're plenty of space and empty spots to enjoy the fresh air and listen to the sound of streaming water.

A brave young British couple jumped into the ice cold water! Well, actually, I shouldn't have been that surprised - we Finns have a habit to cut a hole to the ice and hop in to lake or sea during the winter season.









We took a guided tour from Split to Krka National Park on a bit rainy Sunday morning. The bus journey took about 1h and during that time our guide Luka told us several interesting & informative details about Croatian life, culture, industry etc. Highly recommened!

For me Krka National Park was absolutely one of the most beautiful nature spots ever!




16 comments:

  1. This reminds me of a park they have in Madeira and it is beautiful too but krrka looks out of this world. The photos are stunning x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for liking my photos, Ana! Krka is absolutely worth visiting while in Croatia and especially in Split.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos, Croatia is on my list of destination to visit this year. After seeing this photos am only more determined to make it happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) There are so may different things to see and enjoy in Croatia - sea, mountains, waterfalls, history...

      Delete
  4. I'm in awe of the beauty. Isn't Mother Nature the best?! And the couple jumping into the ice cold water? Oh my gosh .. I'm such a sissy when it comes to being cold. Bravo to them .. if they weren't awake yet that morning .. I guarantee they were after!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, and this couple was like this was their every day routine :D

      Delete
  5. I could just sit there and be awed by all that beauty. I love going on nature hikes/trips. It just gives me an unexplained feeling of happiness to be witness to God's creation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is f=definitely a place to just sit and stare. Everything's so unbelievably beautiful there.

      Delete
  6. These photos are amazing. I have been twice to Plitvice Lakes but I have to visit this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful spot, I absolutely love waterfalls and seeing how they've been created x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like a stunning location, lovely and peaceful and relaxing. I would love to go and visit without the children so that i would get to appreciate it more.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love seeing where people travel. I'm in the US and don't travel at all. This national park is stunning. Your pictures that you captured are beautiful! I'm making mental notes of places to visit once I am able to travel! This is going on that list.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really want to go to Croatia, it seems like a stunning place!

    ReplyDelete
  11. croatia is such a lovely place and has just so much to offer, the national parks are on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow. Were you guys allowed to go under the waterfall. that would have been awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan