just behind Corfu Palace hotel,
the Archaeological Museum has become
one of the most notable institutions in Greece
- originally founded in 1960s to display
finds from the ancient Temple of Artemis
- depicting a meeting of ancient Greek officials
who are surrounded by their animals
- good eample of 5th-century-BC workmanship
- originally part of the Temple of Artemis
- it's a stunning 17-m-lng frieze!
- the snake-haired Medusa and her children
- dates from around 590 BC
but this museum was quite fascinating
and easy to handle!