Slider

3 Things To Do In Budapest In November

Friday, November 3, 2017

budapest autumn

November is here! Luckily we still have pretty nice weather in Budapest - it's sunny and it can be quite warm as well.

If you are wondering what to do in the city in November, here're my tips.

19th November at Millenáris, Kis Rókus utca 16-20, behind Mammut Shopping Mall.
Here you can find works of Hungarian designers and artisan gastro products. Good place to buy unique presents. Lots of nice programs and workshops such as necklace making.

25th & 26th November at Vajdahunyadvár, Városliget (City Park)
Perfect place to be if you like to taste new and not-so-well known Hungarian wines with cheese from local producers.

Opens 10th November at Vörösmarty tér. 
I feel that this is a bit too early to get in Xmas mood, and that we should still enjoy autumn in November. Seems that for many the autumn is over by the end of October and pumkins are changed to Christmas decor.


I like to make long walks especially in the parks of Budapest. In November there are still so many colours out there. Do like I often do and have a nice early morning or afternoon walk in the City park (Városliget). In a sunny day it's so nice there.

varosliget city park budapest

(FI) Marraskuu on täällä! Onneksi ilma on vielä ihan siedettävää täällä Budapestissa. Aurinkoista ja suhteellisen lämmintä.

Jos mietit mitä Budapestissa voisi tehdä marraskuussa, niin tässä muutama vinkki.

19.1.2017 Millenáris, Kis Rókus utca 16-20, Mammut-ostoskeskuksen takana
Täältä löytyy unkarilaisten taiteilijoiden ja käsityöläisten töitä sekä herkkuja. Hyvä paikka löytää ainutlaatuisia lahjoja. Tarjolla myös paljon kivaa ohjelmaa ja workshopeja, kuten esim. kaulakorun tekoa. 

25.-26.11.2017 Vajdahunyadvár, Városliget (Kaupunginpuisto)
Sopii täydellisesti jokaiselle jota viinit ja juustot kiinnostavat. mahdollisuus maistella vähän tuntemattomampia unkarilaisia viinejä.

Joulutori avautuu jo 10.11.2017 Vörösmarty térillä. 
Omasta mielestäni ajankohta on vähän turhan aikainen aloittaa joulutunnelmaan. Marraskuussa voisi vielä nauttia syksystä, mutta se taitaa monilla loppua lokakuun päättyessä ja kurpitsat vaihtuvat silloin jouluapalloihin.


Tykkään tehdä pitkiä kävelylenkkejä Budapestin puistoissa. Marraskuussa löytyy vielä niin paljon upeita syksyn sävyjä luonnosta. Jos olet täällä, lähde kävelylle aikaisin aamulla tai iltapäivällä Kaupunginpuistoon (Városliget). Aurinkoisena päivänä siellä on todella kaunista.


budapest autumn

Check also this wonderful tip I received from Mary behind Unpacking My Bottom Drawer blog!


budapest autumn

budapest autumn

budapest autumn

budapest autumn

autumn leaves

budapest autumn

ps. I was so disappointed yesterday! You might know that every year in the beginning of November H&M launches their co-op with a famous designer. This year it was Erdem and the collection was launched on Thursday November 2. I was queueing outside for 1,5 hours to get inside. The first group was let inside at 9.00, the second group at 9.02 and the third one - which I belonged to - at 9.04. Guess what - there was nothing left at that time! 
I stepped out the store eotally empty handed - never happened before.





13 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you waited in line for H&M and walked out empty handed. You do have nice colorful leaves and scenery to enjoy on your walks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love those colours! Yes, it was quite a disappointment to queue there and come out empty handed :(

      Delete
  2. Budapest looks so beautiful! Such a wonderful Autumn destination! I can not believe there was nothing in H&M left... It's just so disappointing! Maybe try some online shopping?😞

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got over it already - maybe better that I couldn't spend any money ;)

      Delete
  3. You captured the beauty of Budapest with its golden Autumn leaves perfectly. I'm sorry that you went out H&M empty handed after waiting quite long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even though I couldn't get anything from the store I could still enjoy all those colours of nature :)

      Delete
  4. I would love to go to Budapest and I have heard that there Christmas markets are rather spectacular. I love the sound of going to one I can imagine how Christmassy and sparkly it would be! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love walking through the pop up holiday shops/market in NYC. Budapest's Christmas Market sounds amazing! What has your experience been like there?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Budapest looks like a beautiful place! I may have to add it to my long list of places to visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is for sure worth adding to your travel wish list :)

      Delete
  7. Budapest is one of the places I really want to visit, maybe soon. :) Thanks for sharing your list of things to do in Budapest, I'll keep this in mind if I get to vsit in November sometime in future. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning photographs! Visuals can really bring you closer or even make you feel that you are there. I have never been to Budapest before but this definitely be marked and listed on my bucket list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would enjoy the wine and cheese festival. Those are always so much fun. Budapest is one of those cities that is on my travel bucket list. I am reading more about it these days from many travel bloggers.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan