Welcome to Venice, Las Vegas!
Venetian is one of the most spectacular mega resorts
- it has nearly exact reproductions of well known landmarks
of venice in Italy
- the replica has been made by stones from the same
marble quarry as the real palace in Italy
The Rialto Bridge
The Campanile Tower
- the entrance to the resort's Grand Canal Shoppes
A strikingly accurate version of Venice's Ponte di Rialto
- at least outside...
Great idea to the real and always so crowded
Rialto in Venice too:
No need to walk all those steps up and down!
Every detail is very well made
This is inside!
- the canal continues to inside beneath faux Adriatic skies
The sky is painted and lit to replicate dusk
at all times of the day and night
Arriving to Piazza San Marco
Piazza San Marco inside the Venetian
- boutiques, restaurants, cafes
Herve Leger by the canal
Lunch at Ristorante Canaletto
by the Grand Canal at the Venetian
After lunch took a gondola ride - NOT
- the wooden gondolas are authentic,
as are the singing gondoliers,
many of whom have come to
Las Vegas from Italy
Grand Canal Shoppes
The shopping mall is again filled with luxury brands
The Venetian is interesting, stunning and overwhelming