Sunday, January 31, 2016

Flower Bouquet Workshop

Mihaela from Flower Me is organizing flower bouquet workshops. I'm so happy that I had a chance to join the workshop yesterday. It was so interesting and inspirational. Who wouldn't love to work with beautiful flowers?

I almost never buy ready-made bouquets as I find them ever so often pretty boring. I like to pick up flowers I like at that moment depending on my mood, which colors I prefer at that moment etc. Of course a punch of monochromatic tulips in an Aalto vase is always stylish. 

Our aim was to make airy, fresh looking bouquets from fresh-cut, organic flowers in warm colors such as red, orange, yellow and pink.  It was a challenge for me as I'm so stick with monochromatic white flowers. Here are some tips what Mihaela gave when choosing flowers for a bouquet. There are four basic types of flowers: mass, line, filler and form flowers.

Mass flowers - those ones that you notice at first like roses, tulips, daisies and sunflowers.

Line flowers - those ones that break the surface of a bouquet and make an airy feeling, such as gladiolus, delphiniums, snapdragons, tuberose, veronica and curly willow.

Filler flowers - those ones that fill the empty spaces and add texture to the bouquet.

Form flowers - those ones that impose their distinctive shapes on the eye. 

6 simple rules to keep your flowers fresh and happy-looking

Find the right vase
Trim the stems
Trim excess leaves
Spray them
Keep them away from heat
Sing to them

ps. when it comes to flowers I can't just pick one or two photos but a plenty of them!

Thank you, Mihaela, for the lovely workshop!

ps. You find Mihaela's FlowerMe here


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...