Welcome to Hollywood!
In the 1990s the area was shabby and glamor-free,
but the city has made an effort to restore
a little glitter to the area
- well, it still didn't impress me much...
Walk of Fame
on Hollywood Boulevard
between La Brea Ave and Gower Street
and a stretch of Vine Street
More than 2.000 polished marble stars
- the very first one was actress Joanne Woodward in 1960
- there's one of the five symbols that denote
the recipient's profession:
film, TV, radio, music or stage
Grauman's Chinese Theatre
on 6925 Hollywood Boulevard
- famous for the hand and foot imprints of
around 200 Hollywood stars
on 6801 Hollywood Boulevard
- the home of the Academy Awards
- this year it started to host a year-round
Cirque du Soleil show: Iris
A group of tourists
Hollywood & Highland Center
with shops, fast-food chains, nightclub and hotel
- pretty awkward design!
For years, tourists arrived to Hollywood
expecting to walk on to a movie set
but the fact is that movies haven't been filmed here
Minnie Mouse and Chaplin walking on Hollywood Boulevard
The red carpet is ready!