Slider

Tea Breakfast At Zhao Zhou

Tuesday, September 19, 2017

tea

What would be a better way to start a weekend than having a tea breakfast? Last Saturday I joined a tea breakfast organized by Zhao Zhou teahouse. It was such a lovely morning! We had 3 + 1 teas to taste and a super delicious breakfast made by Mariann at Bazsalikomoskert.

*

We started with Matcha tea from Japan. Above there's a picture of Zhao Zhou's Agi preparing matcha. I have tried matcha for a few times before, but not quite found it delicious enough to drink it on daily basis. Btw, a friend of mine living in London makes excellent matcha and this one which Agi made had pretty much the same tasty flavour. I read somewhere that adding soya or coconut milk instead of water makes the drink milder and soft tasting, but unfortunately that didn't work for me.

*

The second tea was No. 519 Gaba oolang 2017 from Taiwan. It has a smooth texture and there're notes of vanilla and apple with a slightly tart finish. Gaba is one of the most effective natural remedies for a wide-range of nervous systems disorders caused by deficiency of Gaba in the brain, including insomnia, depression and hypertension.

*

The third tea was No 521 Milan Xiang Dancong 2017 from Phoenix Mountain. This tea has a special thick, sweet and floral flavour. If you pair this tea with meals it improves digestion. 

*

Tha last tea was freshly picked Tisane from Bazsalikumkert. Tisane is actually not a tea but herbal drink. Our tisane had a wonderful fresh taste of rosemary and other herbs.


~~~~

(FI) Tässä ihan vaan lyhyesti suomeksi. Viime lauantaina osallistuin aivan fantastiseen teeaamiaiseen Zhao Zhoussa Budapestissa. Maistelimme 3 eri teelaatua ja yhtä yrttijuomaa. Mariann Bazsalikomoskertistä oli valmistanut täydellisen aamiaisen, josta ei puuttunut mitään. Oli kyllä todella upea aloitus päivälle!


zhao zhou budapest

zhao zhou budapest

tea breakfast

tea breakfast



Btw, what do you think of this water kettle? Simply gorgeous, isn't it?

~~~~

(FI) Mitä mieltä muuten olet tästä vedenkeittimestä? Aika upea, vai mitä?

water kettle

26 comments:

  1. Your tea breakfast looks so lovely! So homely and asthetically pleasing as well as healthy and delicious! And you are right the water kettle is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The whole atmosphere there was so fantastic!

      Delete
  2. I never heard that coconut milk substitution before. I’m thinking it might work in some situation, but not the one you tried. Nice try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coconut milk works in many ways like in smoothies, with black tea etc.

      Delete
  3. This certainly sounds like a great way to start the weekend, it sounds like the perfect start to any day. I have not heard about the cocunut milk substitution before x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed it would be a great way to strt any day!

      Delete
  4. My mother is Asian so I was raised on tea. It's my favorite! This looks beautiful. Coconut milk in tea is delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! Coconut milk is delicious in black tea ;)

      Delete
  5. Wohoo.. Love tea and such breakfasts, simple but never heard of Coconut milk in tea. It would have tasted heavenly I believe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, there was no coconut milk at this breakfast. I had read somewhere that makeing matcha tea with coconut milk makes it less bitter or something and tried it at home once, but didn't like, so i rather have my matcha made with water.

      Delete
  6. Your breakfast session looks amazing. Made more so by the pictures. Me too have never heard of coconut milk in tea. But there s a first for everything I suppose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny how everyone seems to be a bit obsessed by my mentioned of coconut milk, which was not even served at this breakfast :D

      Delete
  7. About the kettle - simply prestine. It looks very special, and flawless. Having a proper tea in Asia is not like grabbing a coffee in Starbucks. It comes with many meaning, which are associated in good living.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! And that kettle is a real design piece.

      Delete
  8. Your tea breakfast was so nice. I really like to try that coconut milk tea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes, the breakfast was so nice. Go ahead and try it if you like.

      Delete
  9. I know it wasn't served, but I'm addicted to coconut milk, as well as almond milk lol. Your breakfast tea looks simply amazing!! Glad you enjoyed yourself 😉

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh well I love the sound of a tea breakfast very much! I like the sound of the No. 519 Gaba oolang 2017 from Taiwain as the vanilla and apple notes sound delicious x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love some great teas, probably even more than a good coffee. I would love tea for breakfast. And this sound alike such an awesome experience.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am a tea fan so this definitely appeals to me, it sounds like a wonderful way to spend a morning enjoying breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have a special place in my heart for tea. When I was a kid, every afternoon my grandmother stopped what she was doing, sat down for tea and a little bit of whatever kind of snack cake she had on her kitchen counter. The conversations we had are still some of my favorites. Fun to remember .. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow!! This looks like a great morning breakfast. I will definitely try this. I would love tea for my morning breakfast routine and try new tea.

    ReplyDelete

  15. I think this is great for an upcoming weekend. If every day is like this ... Look at the people in the picture full of excitement and enjoyment.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow what a fab way to start the day with a breakfast like that! I'm not a tea drinker but I do love that water kettle!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan