Slider

Good Night Sleep

Friday, May 12, 2017



We all need enough sleep to stay healthy and have energy to be able to do the tasks of every day life. Sometimes it may be difficult to fall asleep and the sleep can be restless. What to do to avoid this? Found an article with good tips and wanted to share it with you.



1. Stick to a sleep schedule
Try to go to bed at the same time every night. I really try to do this but not yet succeeded in it. Time just seems to flow so fast in the evenings!

2. Pay attention what you eat & drink
A heavy meal just before bedtime is a big no-no. It is said that caffeine is not a good choice i nthe evening, but I do drink black tea and diet coke when ever I feel like and it has never made me too unsleepy. 

3. Create a restfull enviroment
This is what I find pretty important. First of all have a good bed and mattress. It makes a difference what material your bedlinen are. My favourite materials are soft linen and Egyptian cotton. Wrinkle linen feels so cosy! 
I like to keep my bedroom interior simple and unclutter it time to time. Neutral tones are the best - for me that means white, gray, mud and black, and, of course, very pale pink.
A bunch of fresh cut flowers creates that extra fresh & cosy feeling.

4. Limit daytime naps
Of course, if you sleep too much it will disturb your night time sleep.

5. Include physical activity in your daily routine
This is something I have experience - when I do sports during the day, normally in the morning, I have more energy for the whole day and sleep much better too.

6. Manage worries
We all know how difficult this may be when you're having hrd time in your life, but it would help a lot if you could solve the issues before bedtime. Somtimes a small thing can become overly huge at night.


More detailed info can be found here!




Wakey wakey!


10 comments:

  1. Perfect timing! I was just talking to my friends about my sleep patterns, and wanting to get into a better sleep routine! Loving the tips. I really do need to add more physical activity to my daily routine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, what a coincidence! So happy if you found my post usefull :)

      Delete
  2. I agree that a set sleep routine does help but like you said taking care of stress helps too. Thank you for the advice x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Ana! Happy if you found these tips useful.

      Delete
  3. My sleep habits are pretty bad, my biggest problem is not being able to stick to a sleep schedule. Thanks for the post it has motivated me to get back on track.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm suffering from the same thing missing a sleep schedule. Happy if you found my post useful and inspirational :)

      Delete
  4. These are some really good tips. A good sleep is so very important to a healthy lifestyle.
    Maintaining a schedule looks difficult but not impossible..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sleep is really important and so easy to forget and not pay any attention to it. Life is so busy and we try to find more time and slep less - no good at all!

      Delete
  5. I think keeping digital items away from you at bedtime is important. When we have them we are too worried about them. And then we don't sleep well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. that true! it's so difficult to leave phone or laptop in another room - how stupid we are!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan