Monday, June 1, 2015

Anyukám Mondta


As mentioned yesterday I visited Miskolc last week and about 30km from there there's a small village called Encs, and there's probably the best restaurant in Hungary. I'm not kidding! 

"Anyukam Mondta" is the name of the place - the translation is something like "My Mom said". Two young guys went to Italy to work as a chef and maitre d'hotel. After a while they continued to New York and after learning enough they came back to Hungary and made their dream come true - an own restaurant.

Everything on the menu is made of fresh ingredients and mostly locally. We were having for lunch for example duck liver, macademia & rhubarb, lemony thyme baby chicken with kohlrabi coleslaw... and Vilagbeke (World peace) for dessert - delicious!  

The place doesn't advertise but people just find the way there, even from Budapest.













Step in and you'll find a totally new gourmet experience in Hungary! 

Encs




20 comments:

  1. I love the little restaurants that don't advertise and yet are filled with people :)
    Seems quite nice, I love the chandelier :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This kind of restaurants are the best!

      Delete
  2. That cutlery chandelier! The place looks very comfortable, I kinda want to live there. Great pictures! You really captured the essence of the place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) That cutkery chandekier is quite eye catching.

      Delete
  3. When I travel I always look for places off the beaten tourist track and something that I might not see at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, me too, those are the best places to visit!

      Delete
  4. What is the red in the jar? Is that coleslaw?

    I love pickled foods but don't I've ever had anything pickled/marinated from Hungary. Would love to try that...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, hungary is famous for its pickled foods! If I remember correct that is their own tomato sauce in the jar.

      Delete
  5. From the first to the last picture. Truly hungary has a wonderful restaurant in here. Calm and wonderful with yummy dished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a great placa! Worth driving from Budapest.

      Delete
  6. Such amazing photos! I love the style of your blog and all your posts! Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm so happy that you like my pics and blog as well :)

      Delete
  7. Wow! Such an adorable little restaurant! If I ever make to the region I will definitely have to remember this place! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! This is definitely worth visiting even from Budapest. Such a lovely atmosphere and delicious food.

      Delete
  8. Wow! Unique photography and these all captures! I can say - "So stylish"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you so much! I'm super happy for your kind wordsz:)

      Delete
  9. The silverware that hangs over the light looks pretty neat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I like it too! It fits there so well:)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...