During the last days I've seen quite many films...
Annual Midnight Sun Film Festival in Sodankylä.
Here're some of the films that saw there;
Los Amantes Pasajeros by Almodovar
- it was a comedy but, well, not the best one
Purge (Puhdistus) by Antti Jokinen
- I cried from the beginning to the end
Dom över död man by Jan Troell
- interesting, based on a true story
Blackmail by Alfred Hitchcock
- silent film with live music by Oulu Symphony
35 Shots of Rum by Claire Denis
- beautiful film, absolutely one of the best
Tales from the Golden Age by Christian Mungiu
- Romanian short films with lots of humour yet so real
There're 4 places where the films are shown:
Lapinsuu which is the local cinema, school, small tent and the largest circus tent in Finland.
My festival nails "Can't Find My Czechbook"
The house we rented for the accommodation during the festival.
Very nice with 3 bedrooms, big kitchen with all appliances, sauna, terrace...Had only time to sleep and have breakfast there, otherwise it was all day movies.
Not much choice for lunch/dinner. There's one hotel with a restaurant and one restaurant in town. Bt anyway the food is not the main issue - you eat what is available when you have time.