The Danube separates Buda and Pest.
Buda is more residential area with hills,
Pest is more like commercial area with very flat landscape.
Gellert Hill with the statue of liberty (1947).
On the side of Gellert Hill near Erzsebet Bridge
there's the famous Gellert Spa.
Absolutely worth spending a couple of hours
relaxing in thermal waters.
(do not expect overwhelmingly friendly service there!)
Max Mara Weekend near Vorosmarty ter is not yet open,
but there's a two-storey Max Mara on Andrassy ut
and other possibilities for shopping nearby.
- pedestrian street with shops like Zara, Mango, HM,
Salamander, L'Occitane, Douglas...
also Hungarian souveniers
- starting at Gerbeaud cafe and continuing
all the way to the Great Market Hall
- the main boulevard with luxury brands
like Louis Vuitton, Gucci, D&G, Burberry...
- do not forget to visit the cafe of
Alexandra bookstore on the first floor,
the interior is amazing!
1123, Alkotas utca 53
- on Buda side with quality
- clientele mostly ex-pats and wealthy locals
- best mall in Budapest
1087, Kerepesi ut 9
- on Pest side near Keleti pu
- second best mall in Budapest with the widest variety
of shops including Peek and Cloppenburg
- stop at Nail Point for relaxing manicure or pedicure
1062, Vaci ut 1-3
- on Pest side near Nyugati pu
1024, Lovohaz utca 2-6
- one Buda side near former Moszkva ter
Budapest is a city of malls.
There are at least 11 big shopping malls around the city.
Those 4 ones mentioned above are worth to visit.
There are 3 metro lines in Budapest.
1 yellow line called "foldalatt",
which goes just below the street level on Pest side,
is the oldest line in the continent.
2 red line goes under the Danube
from Pest to Buda.
3 blue line goes on Pest side
from north to south.
There're also buses, trams and trolley-buses.
The tickets must be purchased before entering the vehicle.
In metro stations, news agents' and probably also
in the hotels they are selling the tickets.
One ticket is valid for one journey.
There're 3-day-tickets and other possibilities too
And for those travelling to Budapest this weekend:
do NOT pack too heavily,
the weather will be nice and warm:
Fri 24C, Sat 26C, Sun 26C.
It might even be 30C during this weekend!